Frequently Asked Questions
What can "Let's Get Moving" do?
Let’s Get Moving is the highest rated moving company! Every detail from rearranging furniture within your home, to an extensive load and transport of your home’s contents across the nation--we are with you each step of your move. We offer free in-home and in-business quotes to work with your schedule while always providing a friendly and transparent experience. Local, long distance, residential, commercial, assembly, disassembly, and everything in between. In simple terms, if you think we can help, we probably can!
How to get a free moving quote?
We wanted to make this process as easy as possible so we go step by step with you to gather all the necessary details to provide you with an accurate moving estimate. This usually takes ten minutes to complete and once we have all the information we need, we put together and send you a personalized moving estimate containing all the details of your move!
What goes into a moving quote?
There are a few different factors that go into getting a residential or commercial moving quote. To make things a bit more simple, we broke down exactly what goes into our quote!
Type of residence: Are you moving from an apartment, home, or business? In order to create an accurate quote, we need to know what type of location you are moving from and to.
Walk Distance and Obstacles: Will we be carrying your belongings from a driveway directly into a house or into a building with an elevator? Since every move is different, every walk is different. The better understanding we have, the more accurate of a quote we can provide.
Travel Time / Distance: The more accurate the location and addresses provided, the more accurate the quote we can provide.
How do I save money on my move?
To keep costs low, here are some simple steps you can follow:
- Disconnect any appliances and electronics such as your washer, dryer, tv’s, etc. you can
- While disconnecting electronics with lots of wires such as cable boxes and game consoles, take pictures of how they are plugged in before you disconnect.This will speed up the connection process.
- Disassemble any furniture you can such as beds, tables, and desks.
- Anything that can fit into a box, should be packed into a box.
- Having boxes packed, ready, and in an easily accessible area such as your garage, can greatly improve moving times.
- Label all packed boxes so they can quickly be distributed to the correct rooms during the unload process.
- Direct our professional movers during the unload, to place items in their appropriate locations.
These are just some of the steps you can take to keep costs as low as possible. The less time our crew has to spend on small details, the more money you get to keep in your pocket!
Are there things you can't move?
As the highest rated movers, we will do everything we can to make move day as easy as possible. That being said, there are a few things that due to safety or law, we are not allowed to move. These include:
- Animals / Pets
- Fireworks / Explosive Materials
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Hazardous Waste
If you are worried about an item, just give us a call or email and we can help you out!